Thursday, August 20, 2009

First Day Wordle


Wow! What a wonderful day! I am amazed at the talent, enthusiasm, and excitement I have in my class this year. It is going to be great! Today was spent mostly getting to know each other and doing various activities to start a routine in the classroom. We ended the day with me reading aloud First Day Jitters which leads the students to assume the character in the book is a student, but it is really the teacher on the first day! Cute book! The highlight of the day was when I had the students brainstorm words to describe the day and activities. I typed in the words and then created what is called a "wordle". I printed a black and white copy of the wordle but it looks really cool in color. If you'd like to see it, click on the following link: First Day Wordle The students were amazed and thought it was the best! I told them I would post some photos from day also. . . which I plan on doing tonight. Check in later. Thanks for sharing your kids with me!

1 comment: