Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Global Read Aloud 2012

Today we made a word cloud in the shape of a gorilla with words we feel are connected to the main character of our book The One and Only Ivan.  I am so impressed with how much the students are really getting into the story and collaborating with others.

Here is our word cloud:

The other thing I did today, although I wish I would have waited, was share with the students an article from a newspaper from this past August that Ivan, the character and animal telling the story, did pass away recently.   The students' faces were so precious as they looked so sadden by that news.  I think everyone is really getting connected to this gorilla.  It is a wonderful story of friendship and life.

We are excited to keep reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment