Sunday, December 8, 2013

It was Bound to Happen

Snow….yes….snow.  Like the title says, I guess it was bound to happen eventually.  While I agree it was pretty falling, I am not a fan of snow!  I like a little on Christmas eve/day, and then it can go away. But….Mother Nature does not listen to me I guess.


Along with snow, even without snow lately, comes cold weather.  Please remember that students go outside unless the temperature and/or wind chill is below 0.  I have reminded the students to dress warm, but many are coming in from recess or before school very cold.  While we did not go out for recess much last week due to the cold weather, the temps are suppose to be above zero this week, but not much.  Please remember to send mittens, hats, boots, etc with your child.  If there is snow outside and students do not have boots, they will have to stay on hard surfaces.

I also encourage the students to put an extra pair of mittens and/or socks in their school bags.  Many times, after one recess, the students have wet gloves and socks from the wet snow.  It is not comfortable to have to put those mittens back on for the next recess or wear wet socks all day.  Having an extra pair in their school bags will be great for those wet times.

Let's cross our fingers the weather does not get too out of control.  Even though we all love a good snow day, we have too much to do in 3B….and a lot more fun planned.

No comments:

Post a Comment