Sunday, December 15, 2013

Did We Forget How to be Respectful?

We have run into a little bump in the road in 3B.  I think some of us have forgotten how to be respectful….especially when I, Mrs. Kerian, am gone to meetings and there is a sub.  What happened?

Last week I was gone to meetings in Des Moines with the principals.  I came back to a message from my sub that said the students were very disrespectful.  Behaviors such as blurting, tattling, pushing, and not listening were listed.  This is not what any teacher likes to return to.  Thus the reason why many students wrote letters to their parents last week and the letters were returned signed.  I wanted parents to be aware of the choices some of the students were making.  The students knew I was very disappointed because this is not the first time a sub has left me that kind of note.

As a class, we discussed everything on Wednesday.   We have developed a chattiness problem as well as forgetting how to show Cadet Pride outside the classroom.  We have had time to review and talk about being respectful and being good listeners.  I would like parents to discuss these issues with their 3B student and reinforce the idea of being respectful to EVERYONE…..they are great when they are with me so I know they can do it!!!

Remember what Kid President says…(we watched this a week ago)…."20 Things We Should Say More Often".

No comments:

Post a Comment