Monday, February 13, 2012

Student Led Conferences - It is Here!

Well, tonight is the night!  I think the students are ready and excited to lead their student led conferences.  (Some are also a little nervous!)  I am sending home a print out of the conferences scheduled.  Please double check that the time you signed up for matches the time on the sheet.  I printed it directly from the website you signed up on so it should match.

Conferences are blocked off for 15-20 minute blocks, aiming for 15 so that you have transition time to get to other conferences (if applicable).  I have told the students to just come in and start their conferences even if another student is finishing up in the room.  Being they are student led, the 3B students know how to start.  I will be listening from the side while the students are sharing their information, and then I will join in at the end.

I also wanted to give everyone a heads up that I will be gone next week.  My husband and I take a trip every February to somewhere tropical so the students will have a sub for the 4 day week next week.  I know they will be wonderful and respectful, as they always are, while I am gone.  The sub will not be checking my emails so if you have a message to get to her or the school, please call Linda at 547-2300.  I will be checking student blogs or emails at various times over the vacation to check in and see how things are going but can't guarantee I will do it every day.....There is sunshine somewhere warm calling my name.  :)

Nice job to the students who are working on their at home reading blog post!  Some of them are wonderful and many students have commented how they are really enjoying their book(s)!  Many students are already on their second realistic fiction book and anxious to read more.  I will be sending the blog information for this week home tomorrow as it will be due next Monday.  There will not be an activity for blogging at home about their realistic fiction reading being I will be gone.  Keep up the great work 3B and keep reading!

Enjoy the week and we will see you tonight or tomorrow at conferences!

No comments:

Post a Comment