Sunday, September 13, 2015

Great Article about Homework!

We are off to a great start in 3B and the first month has flown by.  Pretty soon it will be Halloween and then comes the dreaded.....SNOW!  Maybe if we don't talk about it, it won't happen because I truly hate snow.

I wanted to make a quick comment about homework in 3B.  While I encourage students to read every night, parents of my 3B students will soon find that there is not a lot of homework in third grade.  Reading is a must!  That is what is important and more information this week will be sent home about that.  Yes, there will be random times when I will send some math information or practice home or science to study, but rarely is there anything I ask the students to do at home except be sure to read.

Instead of going on and on about the research to support my thoughts about homework in 3rd grade, I encourage everyone to read the article listed below.  You will have to click on the link and read it only.  It is a good article about the role of homework and how it fits in today's school settings.

http://www.brilliant-insane.com/2015/07/8-questions-parents-ask-progressive-teachers.html




No comments:

Post a Comment