Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Daily 5 in Full Motion, Mini Lessons, and Kicking Off Guided Reading!

Everyone, including myself,  is excited that we are in full Daily 5 routine and starting guided reading!  The plan was to start guided reading today, Tuesday, but our MAPs assessments took longer than planned.  No problem!  We will start sometime this week.  I am very proud of how hard the students are working through the different components of the Daily 5.  If you are not familiar with the Daily 5 and CAFE, please look below at previous post where they are explained.  Feel free to contact me as well if you have questions.

Our mini lessons during literacy the next few week will cover author's purpose, determining important information, and synonyms.

I mentioned last week that I would be sending home "At Home Reading" information.  Parents....I did not get that done last week with Dot Day but am planning to send that information by October 1st.  Look for that information soon!

I took these two great panoramic pictures of the students during the Daily 5 as well as writing when they were sharing their pieces with a partner.  Just wanted to share them.



No comments:

Post a Comment