Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Iowa Assessments Start Today!

Well, the students had their first taste of Iowa Assessments as we took one part of the Reading test today.   A letter about this was sent home last week.  Most students worked very hard and tried their best on the assessment.  I will be sending home a copy of our 3B schedule for parents. Please try to schedule appointments around this schedule as it is hard to make up Iowa Assessments one on one.  Thank you!

Just a reminder to make sure your 3B child gets a good nights rest as well as eats a healthy breakfast every night/day for these test.  The school does supply a snack for the students each day as part of our "brain food", but it is important that students also get enough rest the night before as well as eat a good breakfast.

We watched the video of the Little Engine that Could this morning to encourage the students to tell themselves, "I think I can..I think I can!" when feeling like they are unsure or nervous.  As I watched them working today, many were whispering to themselves " I think I can!".  Awesome!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment