Sunday, February 2, 2014

Full Week Ahead????

I am sitting here watching the "Super Bowl", which has turned out "not too super", planning for the week ahead thinking, "Yes, we may finally have a full week if Mother Nature cooperates!" I was excited because we have so many great things to work on.  Then it hit me……Wednesday….early out for teacher inservice.  There goes that idea and excitement of a full week with the students.  Oh well…I will take what I can get.   Let's just hope Mother Nature is nice this week as I have heard various weather reports for this Tuesday. The groundhog did predict 2 more weeks of winter……yuck!

Book orders will be coming home today.  Remember that you may order them online using the online code written on the top of the book orders or you may send the orders with cash/check to school and I will order them as a class.  Just a reminder to make checks out to me, Kim Kerian, and NOT the book club.  Ordering online requires a credit card, which I use one of my own to do.  Please have any orders in by Friday, February 7th.  Thanks!


Parents should have received a bright pink letter from the office about signing up for parent-teacher conferences.  This letter was sent home last week.  If you did not get the letter, please let me know and I will send a new one with your child.  Remember to sign up for a conference time.  Your 3rd grade student needs to attend the conference with you as he/she will be leading the conference (as I mentioned in previous post). If anyone is having trouble with signing in to the conference scheduler, call the office and Linda will assist you.

Just a quick reminder to make sure students are dressed appropriately for this weather.  Many are coming without boots or snowpants.  Although we do not get outside much, due to cold weather, students need to be prepared for when we do.  I also suggest sending more then one pair of gloves or even socks, as sometimes they get wet at recess.

Stay warm this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment