Monday, September 2, 2013

Great Celebration Friday and 3 Day Weekend!

I hope everyone had a very nice 3 day weekend. Funny how we were all sweating last week and thought the heat would never let up, and today I am feeling like I better dig out the warmer clothes.  It is chilly!  I am not ready for the cold weather yet!

My 3 day weekend was wonderful and relaxing.  It was super to see so many of you at the game Friday
night!  Beautiful night for football......and the Cadets pulled off a win!  Go Cadets!  My family attended a beautiful outdoor wedding Saturday night before heading back up to our cabin again for a few days.  We don't get up there much in the summer because Elyse and Alex are in sports so we take advantage of it now whenever we can on the weekends.  I had to include this picture of my dog Norah sitting on the table out on the porch.  She loves to sit up there so she can see out over the water at what everyone is doing.

Now we are back at it ready for another great week.  This week we will continue to explore scientific question about if all liquids layer or mix when poured together.   We will also start building our reading stamina, apply our math skills, and dive into our passions!  I am very excited about the activities planned this week!

Here are a few pics from last Friday's award celebration.  I think everyone had a super time eating watermelon, dancing, and trying to dunk various teachers and community members in the dunk tank.  It was hot, yes, but great to be part of a super celebration.  It was quite an honor to have the Governor and Lt. Governor skype in to congratulate the school district on the Healthy School Award!  Pretty cool!


Remember to return your Cadet Nation order form if you have not done so.

Have a super week!

No comments:

Post a Comment