Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Genius Hour and a Message from Kid President

Another great day.....even better considering we did not have a break today for specials.  The students were troopers and had an awesome day learning, thinking, planning, and solving.

I introduced a part of our Wednesday schedule that everyone is very excited about.  It is called Genius Hour.  Instead of me explaining it in writing, you can listen and watch this short video to learn what Genius Hour is.  Basically, it is time set aside to learn about whatever you are passionate about.  Watch the video below to get an idea of what it is.



I also showed the following video titled "A Pep Talk from Kid President".  This is one of my favorite videos with a very powerful message.  We spent a lot of time discussing the message behind this video. I was so excited that the students walked away with the message that "You were born awesome!".  LOVE this video and message!

No comments:

Post a Comment