Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Is Spring Finally Here?

Well, hopefully the beginning of April is a sign that warmer weather is to come.  The sun is shining and the forecast looks good.  Let's cross our fingers that Old Man Winter decides to find another home for a while.

I hope all of you enjoyed your "spring break".  I ventured with my family to Chicago for a long weekend and had a wonderful time.  The weather was almost 60 there our last day so I was hoping to return to similar weather.  No such luck, but I am not complaining.

The countdown begins now.  Before you know it, June will be here!  3B has a lot to get done before I am "officially" done with these great students (although I hope I am never really done with them).  Here are a few things for the upcoming week(s):
1.  I will be sending your child's math test home tomorrow.  This is a test over decimals and place value.  Please look it over carefully.  I was pleased with how the students did considering most of the skills on this test are "beginning" or "developing" for 3rd graders.  You do not need to return the test.
2.  The month of March was so crazy for us that we did not get our "Place Value Rap" done like we had planned.  I would like the students to bring props (hats, wear hooded sweatshirts, sunglasses, and chains/necklaces etc.) to take the roll of a rapper this Friday.  We will try and get our "Place Value Rap" done and posted for everyone to see.
3.  Students will be presenting their "simple machine" group project this week.  I am anxious to get them presented and see what the groups came up with.  We will then have a final activity used for the assessment at the end of the unit.  Stay tuned for that.
4.  Being I was gone last Thursday, we did not get to use our "effort points" from Iowa Assessments as planned.  We will plan to do that this Friday.
5.  All "Scribble Press" books will be uploaded/linked to the students' blog pages this week.  I thought I could get them done last week, but have a few more to finish up.  Look for them by the end of this week.
6.  Book Clubs will resume on Friday.  Being most groups have finished a few books, we took a break over the holiday weekend and will resume this Friday.

Enjoy the sunshine and have a super week!

No comments:

Post a Comment