Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Comments about Iowa Assessments...I Think I Can!


Just like the Little Engine that could...it is important to tell yourself "I think I can. I think I can."

It is time.....time for Iowa Assessments.  These were once called ITBS, Iowa Test of Basic Skills.  This is the first year 3rd graders will be taking the assessments.  3rd grade teachers have spread the different tests out over the next two weeks so that the students are not overloaded and stressed.   We will be taking one or two tests daily starting tomorrow, Wednesday, thru Thursday of next week.  Please try to schedule dental appointments around these two weeks as it is harder to do well when you miss a day and have to make the assessment up.

All I ask from you as parents is to make sure your child gets enough rest and eats a great breakfast before school every day.  I would also appreciate it if you talk to your 3rd grader about trying his/her best on the test and taking his/her time.  We have talked about these things in class, but I think hearing it from their parents would show students how important these test are.  BUT....do not "overtalk" about the tests and stress the students out either.  Simple remind them to do their best!

Snacks will be provided daily  ("Brain Food" I like to call it) by the school for students each testing day.

You can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment