Monday, December 17, 2012

Just Because....

Trying to act normal on a day like today after the weekend's events is not easy.  Returning to school to teach my beautiful students.  Not as easy as it should be.  Today we, as a class,  focused more and more on positive words.  Our greeting was giving compliments, we made Christmas cards for a friend who has cancer, and we chatted lots about how we care for one another without discussing the events of the weekend.   Words are a powerful thing and I want all my "kids" to know I care deeply about them and would do anything for them.

I saw this picture this weekend and decided to send a copy home with each student reminding them of the power of words.  I hope the students hang it somewhere they can see it and use the information.

"You Matter" is what I want every student to remember!




No comments:

Post a Comment