Monday, September 17, 2012

Here Comes Some Homework

I am sending home 3B's first official piece of homework tonight.  It is reviewing math concepts we have been working on in the classroom.  I have talked to the students about who is responsible for completing the math, or any homework for that matter, and making sure it is returned to school the following day.  They are! You may help them, of course.   So I wanted to give you a heads up that homework is coming home today and should be returned tomorrow.

I will also be sending home our first book orders for the year.  They will be sent home tomorrow, Tuesday, and due back Friday, September 21st.

A reminder of Homecoming dress up days this week.   It was great seeing all the favorite sports jerseys today.  I thought I would see more Iowa State jerseys.  :)  Go Cyclones!   These days are optional and your choice.  Have fun with them!
     Tuesday:  Crazy Sock Day
     Wednesday:  Roll out of Bed Day
     Thursday:  Dress like Teachers/ Teachers Dress Like Students
     Friday:  Blue and Black Day-Cadet Pride
A reminder that there is also a 3 hour early out this Friday for Homecoming.

Please check out our video of pictures from "International Dot Day" last Friday!  It was a super day celebrating our creativity!  You can watch the video on my blog page, just scroll down.

I will also be posting some videos the students are making on the iPads from a program called Videolicious.  These videos are made in connection to the presentation by Angela, the Naturalist, last Monday on insects.  Students are doing a little research and then preparing a small presentation with the app.  We have three done so I will post them tonight.  Look for the rest to be posted as soon as they are completed.



No comments:

Post a Comment