Friday, October 30, 2009

End of Busy Week of Blogging, Podcasting, and Just Plain Busy


The students just left to go out for a quick recess so I thought I would try and get my blog for the week done today. I am extremely pleased with all of the activities and learning that has taken place the past week, especially considering that Halloween is tomorrow. The students have been real troopers and working hard with everything I put towards them. Great job 3B!!!!

I wanted to share a few reminders about events coming up just in case you forgot. Please remember that if your child is going to be participating in the new reading incentive of reading at home and earning a free slice of pizza, he/she should return his/her reading calendar by Monday, November 2nd, for the month of October. I will then fill out a Casey's coupon for those students who return their calendars. Remember that students who return their calendar every month will earn a pizza party from me!!!! So keep reading and remember to return the calendars. I am sending home the November calendar today so that your 3rd grade student can get started recording his/her reading on Sunday. I did make a mistake in not redoing the calendar from October and just changing the month. . . so while the dates are off but the idea is the same. Sorry about that.

Parent-teacher conferences are next week, and I am excited to meet with each of you! Report cards were sent home yesterday so we will be going over those as well as sharing information from MAPs test and Dibels results done this fall. If something comes up and you are unable to make it to conferences, please call the school and let us know. Hopefully we can all stay "sick free" and have some great conversation next Tuesday and Thursday. I have lots to share!!!

We plunged our way through the science assessments. I could really tell who studied at home and who did not. I will be sharing the assessments at conference time as well as going over them with the students on Monday. I still have a few more to correct as there were three parts to the assessment.

Book blogging is going well; yet kind of slow due to our lack of experience with typing. That's alright though. Hopefully by the end of the week next week, every 3B student will have a book blog posted. They are totally enjoying posting their own blogs, and I am enjoying reading them. I still haven't figured out how to enable the "comment" section through the iWeb program we are using, but I am working on it. I would love to be able to comment to the students and have a "digital discussion" with them about their books. Always something to do. . . :)

Our most recent podcast are up also. We haven't heard back yet from our Luther Pals but will hopefully have some reading suggestions and responses from them by next week. The students are anxiously waiting as they check all the time to see if their partner has posted a podcast response. Let's cross our fingers for next week.

Have a safe and enjoyable Halloween weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment