Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Welcome to 2014! Changes in the Future….

I hope that everyone enjoyed their extended vacation for winder break.  I know everyone says they would have liked to have another day off today, but I am glad to have the students back!  I missed them!  Hard to believe that the school year is already half over.  It always goes by so quickly!  I do not like winter, so I am hoping the next few months go very quickly!  Not too fast though as I need more time with my 3B stars!

Just a reminder to return your December Book-It calendar!  If your child has met his/her December reading goal, I will be sending home a coupon for a free personal pan pizza.  I am very impressed with the number of students in 3B participating in Book-It!  Yeah!!!  So proud of all of you!  The January calendar was sent home before break, with a goal of 350 minutes.  Get reading!

Starting the week of January 13th, 3B's schedule will be changing.  Before this, the students did not have a "special" on Wednesdays each week.  Beginning next week, 3B's special schedule will look like this:
Monday: Library
Tuesday: Art
Wednesday:  Technology (new!)
Thursday: Music
Friday: PE

We are adding a technology component to our schedules.  Miss Klinke, the tech coordinator, will be teaching this class.  She will be working with classroom teachers to integrate ideas and work on projects together.   She will also be showing the students various tech skills and activities they can be working on at home so stay tuned for more information. 

Report cards will be sent home Monday, January 13th.  Remember that you can always contact me via email or phone if you have any questions or concerns about report cards.
  
Stay warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment