Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Spring is Finally Here to Stay...We Hope!

If the weather the last few days is any indicator of what is to come, let's hope spring is here to stay with summer fast around the corner!  Beautiful outside!

I just returned from a trip to the beaches of North Carolina for some relaxing and seeing my stepdaughter for her birthday.   I had a wonderful time, as usual, as this is a common place my family goes in the summer for vacation.  I also spent an afternoon last Thursday with "Miss Kerian's 4th graders", my stepdaughter's class,  in North Carolina.  This was neat because 3B has skyped with them so that was fun to make that face to face connection.  I was very glad to return to some great comments from some of the subs (there was a mix up with subs so the students had 4 different subs for 3 days of school)!  I also appreciated many of the students sending me emails to keep me updated on how things were going while I was gone.  Of course there were a few "hiccups" along the way as well, but for the most part, things went smoothly.  Thank you 3B!

The students were told today about our PBIS Dance tomorrow.  This is a reward for students showing great character for the months of February, March, and April.  I know the students in 3B will enjoy the time dancing to the DJ- they love to do "Just Dance" during indoor recess and group activities so I know this will be a fun time for all of us!  3rd graders will attend the dance for 45 minutes tomorrow morning.  Great job 3B!  Let's keep up the super character!

Many parents have asked about our "big" field trip this year.  3rd graders will be going to Wabasha to the Eagle Museum as well as the Toy Museum on Friday, May 31st.  Information will be sent home at the end of this week or beginning of next week asking for volunteers etc.  We take a lot of volunteers on this trip to help monitor students and chaperone small groups so look for that information to be sent home soon.  I just wanted to send out the date to give everyone a heads up.

This is also our last week of book clubs, many groups being done already and a few need to wrap up.  The students have done an excellent job with these!  I am very proud of them!  Many were sad to hear that this was our last official week of book clubs. They have loved the discussion and books they have read! I am so proud of some of the boys and girls in my classroom who have started their OWN book clubs!!!!!  Warms my heart to see their excitement and eagerness to keep loving books!  Keep reading 3B.

Enjoy the warm weather and wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment