Monday, February 7, 2011

3B's Weekly News Reporter and Video Recorder!

I hope that you have recognize a new part of my blog.  It is something that the students are very excited about and can't wait to find out about every Monday morning.  We now have a weekly news reporter and a news video recorder!  You will, or may have, recognize a video of Emma on a previous post.  She was our first news reporter.  Kailyn did a fabulous job being the first video recorder as well!  Yeah for both of you!  Emma had to write up a report about what happened in 3B to share with everyone while Kailyn practice using and video taped Emma with my Flip Camera.  Great learning experiences for both of them!  The students are learning to summarize, work on communication skills, and use a new piece of technology!  

These news reports via video will start replacing my blog post with updates about the activities in the classroom.  Of course, I will continue to make post and share information/activities, but as far as summarizing what is happening in the room, this will be left to the news reporter.  This week's report will be presented by Madison and videoed by Austin.  Look forward to that report to be posted sometime Friday after school.

On a different note, I am sending home notes for parent-teacher conferences.  The sheet shows the date and time your child is scheduled to attend conferences with you, the parents.  As I have mentioned earlier, this set of conferences is student-led.  This means that the students will be leading the conference.  I will be standing to the side listening and then join the conference at the end.  The students are very nervous about it, but I have found after hearing from other parents in the past that this is one of the best activities the students can participate in to take more responsibility of their learning. After all, your child is the one we would be talking about anyway so why not have them present.  If there is a problem with the date and/or time written on your conference slip, please write a note and return it to school as soon as  possible.  It would also be helpful to write different times and dates that work for you.

Hopefully the snow storms have passed and we will have a whole week of school this week.  Let's cross our fingers.  We have so much to get done to prepare for conferences that we need to be at school every day this week.  I know that it is going to get very cold this week, but I am hoping the snow is done.

Also, congratulations to all the Packer fans out there.  I have to say, I was rooting for the Steelers simply because I just can't get myself to cheer for the Packers (being a Vikings fan) but it was a fun game to watch.  The students shared this morning that they thought the commercials were the best....I tend to agree.

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment