Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The Final Countdown!


First off I want to thank my "3B Family and Parents" for the caring cards, phone calls, and thoughts during the last week. My heart is saddened because I lost my brother, but it makes it a little easier with caring students and parents. So. . .thank you very much! It was nice to return yesterday to so many hugs! I needed them!!!

This will not be a long blog, but I thought you would like to know about some upcoming events to prepare for before the year is over. It is hard to believe that time is winding down. . .it really doesn't feel like it to me. The students have been real "troopers" and hanging in there, which is great! Here is what we have to prepare for:

1. This Friday, the students in 3rd grade who mastered all of there multiplication facts will be having their "Taco in a Bag" celebration. These 7 students in 3B will be eating a walking taco as an afternoon snack at 2:30. We would like those students who mastered all of their facts to also bring along something to drink. All other components (plates, etc.) will be provided. Great job to those students! Students who did not master all facts will not participate in the celebration and therefore do not need to bring a beverage.

2. Next Thursday, May 27th, 3rd graders will walk to the park for a little exercise and fun. At this time, I am not sure if we will be needing sack lunches. I will let you know about that by the end of the week.

3. Next Wednesday, May 26th, all parents are invited to our end of the year "Writer's Workshop Social". This is a time where we will celebrate our writing accomplishments with you and enjoy some snacks. An invitation will be sent home by Friday, but I wanted to let you know to mark your calendars. This celebration will take place in the cafeteria at 2:30. Parents who signed up to supply snacks for our final celebration of the year will receive a letter by Friday as well, reminding them to supply snacks for this celebration. Students and parents will also use this time to clean out lockers and get items home (lucky you! Be sure to bring extra sacks! :)

4. Next Friday, May 28th, will be the last day of school with a 3 hour early out. We have planned a fun morning with a "field day" for students and teachers to participate in as a last day celebration. There are lots of fun activities planned so I can't wait! Go 3B!

5. We are currently taking a math test, which will probably be the last one of the year. We will also be squeezing in a quick social studies test next Tuesday. Look for study material to be sent home this Friday.

What else???? HMMMM????? If your child has a library book or book from my classroom, I would like them returned by Wednesday, May 26th so that I can see what is missing and returned.

Next week will be my last "offical" blog of the school year! I am sure I will have LOTS to say then. :)

Enjoy the sunshine!

No comments:

Post a Comment